Ever wonder what to do with that left over watermelon rind? Well, here is a great recipe to use them up and have a refreshingly tart summer drink. Plus, did you know that the watermelon rind has more of the amino acid citrulline than the pink flesh? What is citrulline? It’s an amino acid that is converted to argi
nine and linked to over 100 researched health benefits. The rind also gives you a good does of chlorophyll.
Green Watermelon Tart Slushy
- Handful of Frozen Watermelon Rind
- Juice of one Lime
- ½ cup Coconut Water
- ¼ cup Watermelon Flesh (optional for added sweetness)
- Blend all together in blender and enjoy!
Watermelon Green Salad with Smoked Salmon
- 2 cups Arugula or your favorite greens
- 1 cup Watermelon Chunks
- 3 oz. Smoked Salmon
- ½ Lime
- Wash and dry greens and place into bowl.
- Top greens with watermelon and salmon.
- Squeeze lime over it all as salad dressing.
Watermelon Ice Infusers